CPI(M-L) to write to HRC about police atrocities
Aurangbad: The CPI(M-L) will write to the NHRC to complain about alleged police atrocities on political activists in Bihar`s Aurangabad district recently while they were demanding a CBI probe into the Sonhathu Panchayat mukhiya Devendra Prasad Singh alias Chhotu Jaiswal murder case in March this year.
"I will write a letter to the NHRC to complain about the police atrocities on the political activists in Aurangabad town last week while they were demanding a CBI probe into the mukhiya murder case," CPI(M-L) general secretary Deepankar Bhattacharya told reporters here.
The CPI(M-L) leader said that his party has given a call for `Bihar bandh` tomorrow to protest the mukhiya murder case as well as the police atrocities on the protesters and will press for a CBI probe in the two incidents.
Bhattacharya also met the ex-CPI(M-L) MLA Rajaram Singh Singh and 29 others lodged in a jail in Aurangabad since their arrest on May two last by the police in connection with agitation to protest the mukhiya`s murder on March 29 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players