CPI(M-L) to write to HRC about police atrocities
Aurangbad: The CPI(M-L) will write to the NHRC to complain about alleged police atrocities on political activists in Bihar`s Aurangabad district recently while they were demanding a CBI probe into the Sonhathu Panchayat mukhiya Devendra Prasad Singh alias Chhotu Jaiswal murder case in March this year.
"I will write a letter to the NHRC to complain about the police atrocities on the political activists in Aurangabad town last week while they were demanding a CBI probe into the mukhiya murder case," CPI(M-L) general secretary Deepankar Bhattacharya told reporters here.
The CPI(M-L) leader said that his party has given a call for `Bihar bandh` tomorrow to protest the mukhiya murder case as well as the police atrocities on the protesters and will press for a CBI probe in the two incidents.
Bhattacharya also met the ex-CPI(M-L) MLA Rajaram Singh Singh and 29 others lodged in a jail in Aurangabad since their arrest on May two last by the police in connection with agitation to protest the mukhiya`s murder on March 29 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof