CPI(M-L) to write to HRC about police atrocities
Aurangbad: The CPI(M-L) will write to the NHRC to complain about alleged police atrocities on political activists in Bihar`s Aurangabad district recently while they were demanding a CBI probe into the Sonhathu Panchayat mukhiya Devendra Prasad Singh alias Chhotu Jaiswal murder case in March this year.
"I will write a letter to the NHRC to complain about the police atrocities on the political activists in Aurangabad town last week while they were demanding a CBI probe into the mukhiya murder case," CPI(M-L) general secretary Deepankar Bhattacharya told reporters here.
The CPI(M-L) leader said that his party has given a call for `Bihar bandh` tomorrow to protest the mukhiya murder case as well as the police atrocities on the protesters and will press for a CBI probe in the two incidents.
Bhattacharya also met the ex-CPI(M-L) MLA Rajaram Singh Singh and 29 others lodged in a jail in Aurangabad since their arrest on May two last by the police in connection with agitation to protest the mukhiya`s murder on March 29 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!