Criminal case filed against Bihar CM Nitish Kumar
Patna: A criminal case was on Saturday filed in the
court of chief judicial magistrate (CJM) against Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar
Modi, five senior bureaucrats and others in an alleged excise
scam to the tune of Rs 500 crore.
The case has been filed by one Nonu Singh, a resident of
Belhari village of Gaya district, who alleged that some liquor
companies had received undue favour by the government causing
revenue loss of Rs 500 crore to the state exchequer.
The case will come up for hearing in the court of CJM S P
Singh on June seven next, the petitioner said adding that he
has also submitted the names of five witnesses including
former Excise Minister Jamshed Asraf, who was sacked by the
chief minister in February this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley