Criminal case filed against Bihar CM Nitish Kumar
Patna: A criminal case was on Saturday filed in the
court of chief judicial magistrate (CJM) against Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar
Modi, five senior bureaucrats and others in an alleged excise
scam to the tune of Rs 500 crore.
The case has been filed by one Nonu Singh, a resident of
Belhari village of Gaya district, who alleged that some liquor
companies had received undue favour by the government causing
revenue loss of Rs 500 crore to the state exchequer.
The case will come up for hearing in the court of CJM S P
Singh on June seven next, the petitioner said adding that he
has also submitted the names of five witnesses including
former Excise Minister Jamshed Asraf, who was sacked by the
chief minister in February this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people