Criminal case filed against Bihar CM Nitish Kumar
Patna: A criminal case was on Saturday filed in the
court of chief judicial magistrate (CJM) against Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar
Modi, five senior bureaucrats and others in an alleged excise
scam to the tune of Rs 500 crore.
The case has been filed by one Nonu Singh, a resident of
Belhari village of Gaya district, who alleged that some liquor
companies had received undue favour by the government causing
revenue loss of Rs 500 crore to the state exchequer.
The case will come up for hearing in the court of CJM S P
Singh on June seven next, the petitioner said adding that he
has also submitted the names of five witnesses including
former Excise Minister Jamshed Asraf, who was sacked by the
chief minister in February this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka