CRPF, Bihar DGPs review anti-Naxal operations
Gaya: The CRPF and state police officials on Sunday reviewed the anti-Naxal operations in Bihar`s Gaya and Aurangabad districts and expressed satisfaction in containing ultra activities in the districts.
The CRPF DGP Vijay Kumar and his Bihar police counterpart Abhayanand lauded the CRPF`s 159th battalion and the Special Task Force (STF) and local police of Aurangabad and Gaya districts for successfully carrying out combing operations in the two Naxal-affected districts recently.
Kumar also announced cash reward for the CPRF`s 159 battalion and the state police, for their fight against the Naxalites in both the districts.
Speaking on the occasion, the CRPF DGP and his Bihar counterpart underscored the need for development activities in the Naxal-infested districts to lessen the outfits` bid to lure the local people to join their activities.
The Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Law and Order, S.K. Bharadwaj, IG (Operation) Amit Kumar, CRPF IG MK Sinha, CRPF DIG Umesh Kumar and others attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Here's how a 110-year-old lobster Larry rescued from becoming a meal!- See pics
- US, North Korea trade barbs over nuclear weapon tests
- Palestinians seek to sue Britain over 1917 vow to Jews
- PM Modi should also be suspended from House for 'inviting ISI to Pathankot', says AAP MP Bhagwant Mann
- MASSIVE! Italian giants Juventus complete USD 104 million transfer of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli