CRPF, Bihar DGPs review anti-Naxal operations
Gaya: The CRPF and state police officials on Sunday reviewed the anti-Naxal operations in Bihar`s Gaya and Aurangabad districts and expressed satisfaction in containing ultra activities in the districts.
The CRPF DGP Vijay Kumar and his Bihar police counterpart Abhayanand lauded the CRPF`s 159th battalion and the Special Task Force (STF) and local police of Aurangabad and Gaya districts for successfully carrying out combing operations in the two Naxal-affected districts recently.
Kumar also announced cash reward for the CPRF`s 159 battalion and the state police, for their fight against the Naxalites in both the districts.
Speaking on the occasion, the CRPF DGP and his Bihar counterpart underscored the need for development activities in the Naxal-infested districts to lessen the outfits` bid to lure the local people to join their activities.
The Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Law and Order, S.K. Bharadwaj, IG (Operation) Amit Kumar, CRPF IG MK Sinha, CRPF DIG Umesh Kumar and others attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar