CRPF commandant`s house to be "George Orwell House"
Patna: To commemorate literary giant George Orwell`s birth in East Champaran district in Bihar, the CRPF commandant`s residence in Motihari will be named as "George Orwell House", CRPF sources said on Friday.
According to Parma Shivan, new commandant of 153rd battalion CRPF, champaran district had seen several great personalities like Mahatma Gandhi and Orwell whose best-seller "Animal Farm" is famous for delving into the reality of living in a communist state.
Shivan said he lamented the grip of the CPI (Maoist) over champaran and assured that the CRPF would leave no stone unturned to root out the Reds from the area.
"For this we will take the help of civil police and strengthen relation with the people under Maoists` influence.
Under a civic action plan the CRPF would impart training to 30 youths of Maoist-infested villages with the help of an NGO to provide them job.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights