CRPF commandant`s house to be "George Orwell House"
Patna: To commemorate literary giant George Orwell`s birth in East Champaran district in Bihar, the CRPF commandant`s residence in Motihari will be named as "George Orwell House", CRPF sources said on Friday.
According to Parma Shivan, new commandant of 153rd battalion CRPF, champaran district had seen several great personalities like Mahatma Gandhi and Orwell whose best-seller "Animal Farm" is famous for delving into the reality of living in a communist state.
Shivan said he lamented the grip of the CPI (Maoist) over champaran and assured that the CRPF would leave no stone unturned to root out the Reds from the area.
"For this we will take the help of civil police and strengthen relation with the people under Maoists` influence.
Under a civic action plan the CRPF would impart training to 30 youths of Maoist-infested villages with the help of an NGO to provide them job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing