CRPF hints at mistake in defusing IED which killed 3 in Bihar
Gurgaon: The CRPF on Wednesday indicated that there could have been a "mistake" by its officials in crippling an IED in Bihar`s Aurangabad district which left three of its personnel dead and seven others injured.
However, CRPF chief Dilip Trivedi dismissed any shortcomings in the evacuation of one of its jawan whose heart wrenching appeal to save him was flashed across TV channels and social media platforms.
"Our officers have come back (from Bihar) after investigations in this case. The information that I have got is that there is no such lapse (in evacuating the injured personnel). Also, may be, it can be said that there could have been a slight mistake or lapse in handling the IED but it can be a human error.
"Even experts commit mistakes but it is important to see that our men went on a mission of national security and we should not be doubtful about someone who has sacrificed his life," CRPF Director General Dilip Trivedi told reporters on the sidelines of the `valour day` and passing out of new officers event here.
He also defended his injured Jawan Dilip Kumar, who was seen making a fervent appeal to save his life in a video clip.
"When someone has seen a blast he could be disturbed. He is not careful about the timing and other things...The helicopter cannot fly immediately and in Gaya there was no landing facility but even then the chopper landed to pick the injured trooper. The incident happened at about 1:20 PM and the chopper was there by 2:30 PM," Trivedi said.
The jawan, who is admitted in a critical state in Ranchi`s Apollo hospital, was seen appealing to the Prime Minister, President and his DG (Trivedi) to save his life.
"I have no doctor with me...I will die...I am losing blood...I have small kids... It has been two hours but there has been no helicopter for me. I have been hit in an IED blast," he was seen stating in the video.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India