CRPF will be asked to vacate stadium and colleges
Patna: Expressing shock at the killing of
a national level woman Kabaddi player by a CRPF jawan, Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday said the state government has
decided to ask the central forces to vacate its camp at Moinul
Haque stadium and colleges in Bihar.
The state government has written letters to CRPF
authorities in the past urging them to vacate its camp at
Moinul Haque stadium and colleges in Bihar, he told reporters
"Our officials will meet CRPF officials soon and ask
them to shift their camps from the sports stadium and the
colleges in Bihar," Kumar said.
A CRPF jawan Jaswant Singh had shot dead Kabbadi
player Manisha (21), a railway employee, near Bahadurpur
railway crossing here last night.
The body was taken by her father and other relatives
along with railway officials from here to Ambala by train on
way back to Himachal Pradesh for cremation.
Besides the minister for art, culture and youth
affairs minister Sukhda Pandey, several senior railway
officials from East-Central railway were present at Patna
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!