Curfew totally lifted from Nawada in Bihar
Nawada: Five days after a communal clash erupted between two groups that claimed two lives, curfew was on Saturday lifted completely in Bihar`s Nawada district.
A peace committee meeting, comprising members of both communities, was held under the supervision of Nawada District Magistrate Adesh Titarmare and resolved to maintain peace in the town.
Warning the anti-socials against indulging in violence, Titarmare said the police have identified those who had flared up the violence in the district.
He said that they would be brought to justice very soon.
Altogether 63 persons have been arrested and a dozen FIRs lodged in connection with the communal violence which had erupted in the district on Sunday, the DM told reporters.
With improvement in the situation, curfew had been relaxed for 12 hours on the Independence day as well yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Facebook profits surge as user base expands
- Watch - Maiden rocket launch from Russia's brand new Vostochny Cosmodrome!
- 'Revamped' Varanasi ghats to go green - PM Modi set to distribute e-boats to boatmen of Ganga
- Air travellers to get refund on development fee for tickets booked beyond April 30
- Waqar Younis blames Shahid Afridi for T20 losses, wants Umar Akmal axed from team