Customs Inspector sentenced to three year RI
Patna: A designated CBI court Saturday convicted a customs inspector Pankaj Kumar to three years Rigorous Imprisonment (RI) and imposed a fine of Rs 30,000 on him after finding him guilty in a corruption case.
The special judge (CBI) Vashishth Narayan Singh passed the order sentencing Kumar to three years RI and imposed Rs 30,000 fine on him in a case lodged against him under the prevention of corruption act for embezzlement of Rs 1.72 lakhs.
The customs inspector was arrested by the CBI in 2002 and charged under the provisions of the corruption case for appropriating DVD, movie camera and mobile phones worth Rs 1.72 lakhs as per the records of the customs office at Patna.
The CBI had filed the chargesheet against the customs inspector in the special court on February 19, 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state