Customs Inspector sentenced to three year RI
Patna: A designated CBI court Saturday convicted a customs inspector Pankaj Kumar to three years Rigorous Imprisonment (RI) and imposed a fine of Rs 30,000 on him after finding him guilty in a corruption case.
The special judge (CBI) Vashishth Narayan Singh passed the order sentencing Kumar to three years RI and imposed Rs 30,000 fine on him in a case lodged against him under the prevention of corruption act for embezzlement of Rs 1.72 lakhs.
The customs inspector was arrested by the CBI in 2002 and charged under the provisions of the corruption case for appropriating DVD, movie camera and mobile phones worth Rs 1.72 lakhs as per the records of the customs office at Patna.
The CBI had filed the chargesheet against the customs inspector in the special court on February 19, 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal