Cylinder bombs recovered before Bihar Speaker`s visit
Gaya: Four powerful cylinder bombs were recovered on Thursday from near a road in Gaya district, hours before the state Assembly Speaker passed by the road, a senior police official said.
The bombs, planted by Maoists, were detected near Chaugain village under Banke Bazar police station by a police team carrying out road opening exercise, City Superintendent of Police Akhtar Hussain said.
The Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary, who represents the Imamganj Assembly seat, went ahead with his scheduled engagement in Tongla Bathan village, Hussain said.
The cylinder bombs -- one weighing 10 kg and three others of five kg each -- were later diffused by the bomb disposal squad at an isolated place, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations