Dacoits loot train passengers in Bihar
Lakhisarai: As many as 13 people, including a GRP jawan, were injured when armed robbers opened fire and beat the passengers of an express train with rifle butts near Bhalui halt here early today.
The robbers also looted cash and other valuables, worth Rs 2 lakh, from the passengers travelling on the Sealdah-New Delhi Lal Quila Express, Railway officials said.
The condition of the jawan, who received a bullet injury, is said to be critical.
Passengers were hurt when they tried to resist the looters who opened fire and beat them up with rifle butts.
"Around 15 robbers boarded the train at Jhajha and went on a looting spree in one AC and sleeper coaches before they alighted from the train after pulling the chain at Bhalui
(Sundernagar) halt in Jhajha-Quel section of the East Central Railway," officials said.
The injured were admitted to nearby hospitals for treatment, they added.
An FIR has been registered with the Government Railway Police.
Most of the injured, included `Kanwarias` (Shiva devotees), who were returning to their native places after offering prayers at the famous Lord Shiva temple in Deoghar,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir