Dalai Lama to visit Patna during Buddhist meet in Jan
Patna: Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama will visit Patna on January 5 to take part in the three-day International Buddhist meet, an official statement said here.
Representatives from different Buddhist countries will attend the January 5-7 meet.
The Nobel Peace prize winner monk had visited Patna in 2010 on the invitation of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. He inaugurated a Buddhist Smriti Park built on the ruins of an old jail building.
Kumar today held a meeting to take stock of preparations for the international convention where a seminar would also be held on the `Role of Buddhist Sangh in 21st Century.`
The event is being organised by the Bodhgaya Temple Management and co-sponsored by the state Art and Culture and Tourism departments, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!