Dalit boy beaten to death in Bihar
Patna: A 14-year-old Dalit boy was beaten to death in Bihar`s Samastipur district by an orchard owner who saw him collecting dry wood from his orchard without permission, police officials said.
Sharvan Paswan, a resident of Tahbalpur village under Lodipur police station jurisdiction in Samastipur, about 80 km from here, was beaten to death Thursday for collecting wood from the orchard of Pappu Mandal.
The victim`s elder brother Vakil Paswan has filed a police complaint.
Police official Umeshwar Jha said a first information report (FIR) under Section 302 (punishment for murder) was lodged against Mandal on the basis of Vakil`s statement. "Police raided Mandal`s house but he is absconding, along with his family," Jha said.
According to Vijay Kumar, another police official, Paswan was called by Mandal when he saw him gathering some dry sticks from his orchard. Mandal beat Paswan mercilessly, and Paswan`s aunt rushed to help him on hearing his cries. Vijay Kumar said the aunt was also attacked with a sharp weapon.
Mandal works in a bank in neighbouring Banka district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’