Dalit boy cracks IIT entrance test
Patna: The socio-economic deprivation did not come in the way of realizing his cherished dream as a bright youth from the Mahadalit communities Anand Kishore, a native Nawada district, did himself and his family proud by cracking the prestigious joint entrance test of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).
The son of a father engaged in tapping palm juice for
livelihood, the 18 year-old boy lived upto the expectation of
his guru Anand Kumar, the mathematics wizard and founder of
the prestigious coaching institute, `Super 30` to secure
1190th position in the joint entrance test for IIT this year.
Basking in the glory of his newly found achievement,
Kishore, who studied upto Class XII from a non-descript school
in Nawada district, passed on the credit of his success to the
Super 30 and its co-founder Kumar.
"I studies in a dedicated and disciplined manner on
the advice of Kumar Sir," he said.
My family members too stood like a rock by my side and
prayed for my success, Kishore, who belongs to the Pasi caste
of the larger social conglomerate called Mahadalit, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!