Dalit man beaten to death by villagers
Katihar: A Dalit man was beaten to death by a group of people in a village under Semapur police station area in Bihar`s Katihar district this morning, police sources said.
The incident took place in Purani Semapur village as villagers pounced on Anil Ram (30) and merciless beat him to death after suspecting him to a be thief, sources said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and a probe has been ordered into the incident, police said, adding the victim was the son of a secondary school teacher, Yogenra Prasad Ram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report