Dalit man beaten to death by villagers
Katihar: A Dalit man was beaten to death by a group of people in a village under Semapur police station area in Bihar`s Katihar district this morning, police sources said.
The incident took place in Purani Semapur village as villagers pounced on Anil Ram (30) and merciless beat him to death after suspecting him to a be thief, sources said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and a probe has been ordered into the incident, police said, adding the victim was the son of a secondary school teacher, Yogenra Prasad Ram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?