Dalit woman stripped in Sheikhpura
Sheikhpura (Bihar): A Dalit woman was
on Thursday allegedly stripped and beaten up in full public view on
suspicion of practising witchcraft at Kare in Sheikhpura
district of Bihar.
Sub-divisional Police Officer Santosh Kumar Gupta said
an FIR has been lodged at Sadar police station naming one
Brahmadeo Yadav and his three sons for the crime.
According to the FIR, Brahmdeo and his sons assaulted the
woman, holding her responsible for the ailments in Yadav`s
family, the SDPO said.
In July, a 22-year-old woman, a resident of Jasidih,
was allegedly stripped by a group of people in Patna while
a Dalit woman was stripped and beaten up in the same month
after her goat strayed into the field of an upper caste
villager in Sitamarhi district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?