Dalit youth strangled to death in Bihar
Supaul (Bihar): A Dalit youth was strangled to death, allegedly by his employer, at Laxmipur village in Bihar`s Supaul district, a police official said.
Govind Rajak (15) was strangulated to death by one Tribhuvan Singh yesterday over property dispute, Superintendent of Police (SP) Vinod Kumar said.
The body was found from an orchard and sent for postmortem, he said.
The accused allegedly murdered the Dalit youth after he had demanded papers related to registry of land sold by Singh to Rajak`s family, Kumar said.
An FIR has been lodged by the victim`s family members against Singh, his wife Arti Devi and son Manoj under the provisions of the IPC and prevention of atrocities against SC/ST act.
An investigation was going on, the SP said, adding, the accused were absconding.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'