Dalit youth strangled to death in Bihar
Supaul (Bihar): A Dalit youth was strangled to death, allegedly by his employer, at Laxmipur village in Bihar`s Supaul district, a police official said.
Govind Rajak (15) was strangulated to death by one Tribhuvan Singh yesterday over property dispute, Superintendent of Police (SP) Vinod Kumar said.
The body was found from an orchard and sent for postmortem, he said.
The accused allegedly murdered the Dalit youth after he had demanded papers related to registry of land sold by Singh to Rajak`s family, Kumar said.
An FIR has been lodged by the victim`s family members against Singh, his wife Arti Devi and son Manoj under the provisions of the IPC and prevention of atrocities against SC/ST act.
An investigation was going on, the SP said, adding, the accused were absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt