DDC, dist officials confined by JD(U) MLA, workers
Darbhanga: The Darbhanga Deputy Development Commissioner and some other district officials were on Thursday confined for about five hours by a group of JD(U) workers, led by an MLA, for non-allotment of shops to fishermen.
The JD(U) MLA from Bahadurpur, Madan Sahni, led the protesters, and locked all the three exit gates of the office of the DDC around 5 pm and sat on a dharna.
Along with the DDC, two Block Development Officers and about two dozen other officials are forced to remain inside due to protest by the MLA, official sources said.
The deadlock ended after a talk between senior district officials and the agitators after which they opened the gates around 9:45 pm, the sources said.
The MLA was protesting against the administration not allotting 20 shops to a fishermen committee in Donar area despite a promise to do so a year ago.
The problem is that the shops have been built on land of nagar parishad who insisting on conducting allotment themselves instead of giving the right to the district administration.
The sources said it has been decided that shops allotment issue would be taken up during the meeting of nagar parishad on January 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation