DDC, dist officials confined by JD(U) MLA, workers
Darbhanga: The Darbhanga Deputy Development Commissioner and some other district officials were on Thursday confined for about five hours by a group of JD(U) workers, led by an MLA, for non-allotment of shops to fishermen.
The JD(U) MLA from Bahadurpur, Madan Sahni, led the protesters, and locked all the three exit gates of the office of the DDC around 5 pm and sat on a dharna.
Along with the DDC, two Block Development Officers and about two dozen other officials are forced to remain inside due to protest by the MLA, official sources said.
The deadlock ended after a talk between senior district officials and the agitators after which they opened the gates around 9:45 pm, the sources said.
The MLA was protesting against the administration not allotting 20 shops to a fishermen committee in Donar area despite a promise to do so a year ago.
The problem is that the shops have been built on land of nagar parishad who insisting on conducting allotment themselves instead of giving the right to the district administration.
The sources said it has been decided that shops allotment issue would be taken up during the meeting of nagar parishad on January 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack