Death penalty for murder, rape of Bihar minor
Patna: A man who raped and murdered a seven-year-old girl was Wednesday awarded death penalty by a Bihar court, a lawyer said.
The Darbhanga sessions court of Judge Sunil Kumar Singh described the incident as "rarest of rare" and sent Indra Kumar Sharma to the gallows for the 2010 rape and murder, a prosecutor said.
According to the police chargesheet, the accused kidnapped the seven-year-old girl from village Raghopur, about 200 km from here.
Police officials here said that it was the first death sentence awarded in a murder-cum-rape case by a Bihar court since the outrage over the Delhi gang-rape last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!