Death penalty for murder, rape of Bihar minor
Patna: A man who raped and murdered a seven-year-old girl was Wednesday awarded death penalty by a Bihar court, a lawyer said.
The Darbhanga sessions court of Judge Sunil Kumar Singh described the incident as "rarest of rare" and sent Indra Kumar Sharma to the gallows for the 2010 rape and murder, a prosecutor said.
According to the police chargesheet, the accused kidnapped the seven-year-old girl from village Raghopur, about 200 km from here.
Police officials here said that it was the first death sentence awarded in a murder-cum-rape case by a Bihar court since the outrage over the Delhi gang-rape last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state