Death penalty for murder, rape of Bihar minor
Patna: A man who raped and murdered a seven-year-old girl was Wednesday awarded death penalty by a Bihar court, a lawyer said.
The Darbhanga sessions court of Judge Sunil Kumar Singh described the incident as "rarest of rare" and sent Indra Kumar Sharma to the gallows for the 2010 rape and murder, a prosecutor said.
According to the police chargesheet, the accused kidnapped the seven-year-old girl from village Raghopur, about 200 km from here.
Police officials here said that it was the first death sentence awarded in a murder-cum-rape case by a Bihar court since the outrage over the Delhi gang-rape last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday