Death sentence for rape and murder
Katihar (Bihar): A district court here on Saturday awarded death sentence to a person for the rape and murder of a minor girl in Bihar`s Katihar district.
After a speedy trial spanning a fortnight, the district court awarded death sentence to Sanjay Rishi for raping a three-and-a-half-year-old girl on January 23.
The police arrested the accused the next day and submitted chargesheet within 24 hours.
The court took cognisance of the matter on January 28 and through speedy trial issued the order within nine days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'