Death sentence for rape and murder
Katihar (Bihar): A district court here on Saturday awarded death sentence to a person for the rape and murder of a minor girl in Bihar`s Katihar district.
After a speedy trial spanning a fortnight, the district court awarded death sentence to Sanjay Rishi for raping a three-and-a-half-year-old girl on January 23.
The police arrested the accused the next day and submitted chargesheet within 24 hours.
The court took cognisance of the matter on January 28 and through speedy trial issued the order within nine days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional