Decision to set up Gaya central varsity opposed
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Wednesday criticised the union government for its decision to set
up a central university in Gaya and said the Centre could set
up such versaty in Motihari as earlier proposed by the state
"It will be a blow to people`s sentiment in Bihar.
Bihar government will never agree to the Centre`s decision to
set up central unviversity in Gaya," Kumar said in a letter to
Union Human Development Resource Minister Kapil Sibal.
There was no need to set up the central university in
Gaya because another university (Magadh University) was
already functioning there, he said.
If Centre wanted to set up a central university in the
state, then it should accept the state government proposal for
setting it up in Motihari, the work place of Mahatma Gandhi.
It would be a great respect to the Father of the Nation.
The state government was ready to make available land to
the Centre free of cost for the purpose.
The chief minister further said the state was capable to
set up a university on its own and it did not require
resources from any quarter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre