Decision to set up Gaya central varsity opposed
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Wednesday criticised the union government for its decision to set
up a central university in Gaya and said the Centre could set
up such versaty in Motihari as earlier proposed by the state
"It will be a blow to people`s sentiment in Bihar.
Bihar government will never agree to the Centre`s decision to
set up central unviversity in Gaya," Kumar said in a letter to
Union Human Development Resource Minister Kapil Sibal.
There was no need to set up the central university in
Gaya because another university (Magadh University) was
already functioning there, he said.
If Centre wanted to set up a central university in the
state, then it should accept the state government proposal for
setting it up in Motihari, the work place of Mahatma Gandhi.
It would be a great respect to the Father of the Nation.
The state government was ready to make available land to
the Centre free of cost for the purpose.
The chief minister further said the state was capable to
set up a university on its own and it did not require
resources from any quarter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Sensex firms up 78 points in early trade on F&O expiry
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM