Decision to set up Gaya central varsity opposed
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Wednesday criticised the union government for its decision to set
up a central university in Gaya and said the Centre could set
up such versaty in Motihari as earlier proposed by the state
"It will be a blow to people`s sentiment in Bihar.
Bihar government will never agree to the Centre`s decision to
set up central unviversity in Gaya," Kumar said in a letter to
Union Human Development Resource Minister Kapil Sibal.
There was no need to set up the central university in
Gaya because another university (Magadh University) was
already functioning there, he said.
If Centre wanted to set up a central university in the
state, then it should accept the state government proposal for
setting it up in Motihari, the work place of Mahatma Gandhi.
It would be a great respect to the Father of the Nation.
The state government was ready to make available land to
the Centre free of cost for the purpose.
The chief minister further said the state was capable to
set up a university on its own and it did not require
resources from any quarter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies