Decision to set up Gaya central varsity opposed
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Wednesday criticised the union government for its decision to set
up a central university in Gaya and said the Centre could set
up such versaty in Motihari as earlier proposed by the state
"It will be a blow to people`s sentiment in Bihar.
Bihar government will never agree to the Centre`s decision to
set up central unviversity in Gaya," Kumar said in a letter to
Union Human Development Resource Minister Kapil Sibal.
There was no need to set up the central university in
Gaya because another university (Magadh University) was
already functioning there, he said.
If Centre wanted to set up a central university in the
state, then it should accept the state government proposal for
setting it up in Motihari, the work place of Mahatma Gandhi.
It would be a great respect to the Father of the Nation.
The state government was ready to make available land to
the Centre free of cost for the purpose.
The chief minister further said the state was capable to
set up a university on its own and it did not require
resources from any quarter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state