Decision to set up Gaya central varsity opposed
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Wednesday criticised the union government for its decision to set
up a central university in Gaya and said the Centre could set
up such versaty in Motihari as earlier proposed by the state
"It will be a blow to people`s sentiment in Bihar.
Bihar government will never agree to the Centre`s decision to
set up central unviversity in Gaya," Kumar said in a letter to
Union Human Development Resource Minister Kapil Sibal.
There was no need to set up the central university in
Gaya because another university (Magadh University) was
already functioning there, he said.
If Centre wanted to set up a central university in the
state, then it should accept the state government proposal for
setting it up in Motihari, the work place of Mahatma Gandhi.
It would be a great respect to the Father of the Nation.
The state government was ready to make available land to
the Centre free of cost for the purpose.
The chief minister further said the state was capable to
set up a university on its own and it did not require
resources from any quarter.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS
- Vital facts about Kangana Ranaut's leaked image suppressed: Hrithik Roshan's camp
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS