Decks clear for AMU Centre in Kishanganj
Kishanganj: Decks were been cleared for
opening of the Centre of Aligarh Muslim University in Bihar`s
Kishanganj district with the state government and AMU Vice
Chancellor P K Abdul Ajij signing an agreement for
construction of the Centre on a single plot of 224.02 acre
land at Chakla village in the district.
Ajij and Kishanganj District Magistrate Sandip Kumar
Pudkalkutty inked the agreement here this morning paving the
way for starting construction of the AMU centre, official
The agreement was signed in presence of the state Energy
Minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav, HRD Principal Secretary Anjani
Kumar Singh, Purnia Division Commissioner Brajesh Malhotra,
besides Congress MP Maulana Asrarul Haque Kashmi.
The Vice Chancellor thanked Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
for making available the land to AMU authorities for opening
Speaking on the occasion, Yadav said the state
government would provide all-possible help to the AMU
administration for setting up the Centre.
Ajij said the AMU Centre would be made functional if
the state government makes available a rented building for the
purpose till the construction is complete.
Bihar Government offered 224.02 acres of land in Chakla
village on December 3, 2011. The AMU VC accepted the offer and
wrote a letter to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar expressing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional