Decks cleared for Panchayat elections in Bihar
Patna: Decks have been cleared for holding
Panchayat elLections in Bihar from April this year after the
Nitish Kumar government on Wednesday gave its nod to a proposal of
the state Panchayati Raj department to this effect.
The state cabinet presided over by Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar met here this afternoon and approved the proposal.
Besides Deputy Chief Minister, several ministers also
attended the meeting.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, B K Singh,
Additional Secretary (Cabinet Coordination Department), said
the cabinet approved holding the Panchayat elections in ten
The first phase of elections would be concluded
between April 20 and May 28, 2011.
The elections to the Panchayati Raj institutions would
be held without party-basis, according to the announcement
made by the state government recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September