Decks cleared for Panchayat elections in Bihar
Patna: Decks have been cleared for holding
Panchayat elLections in Bihar from April this year after the
Nitish Kumar government on Wednesday gave its nod to a proposal of
the state Panchayati Raj department to this effect.
The state cabinet presided over by Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar met here this afternoon and approved the proposal.
Besides Deputy Chief Minister, several ministers also
attended the meeting.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, B K Singh,
Additional Secretary (Cabinet Coordination Department), said
the cabinet approved holding the Panchayat elections in ten
The first phase of elections would be concluded
between April 20 and May 28, 2011.
The elections to the Panchayati Raj institutions would
be held without party-basis, according to the announcement
made by the state government recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31