Decks cleared for Panchayat elections in Bihar
Patna: Decks have been cleared for holding
Panchayat elLections in Bihar from April this year after the
Nitish Kumar government on Wednesday gave its nod to a proposal of
the state Panchayati Raj department to this effect.
The state cabinet presided over by Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar met here this afternoon and approved the proposal.
Besides Deputy Chief Minister, several ministers also
attended the meeting.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, B K Singh,
Additional Secretary (Cabinet Coordination Department), said
the cabinet approved holding the Panchayat elections in ten
The first phase of elections would be concluded
between April 20 and May 28, 2011.
The elections to the Panchayati Raj institutions would
be held without party-basis, according to the announcement
made by the state government recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai