Decks cleared for Panchayat elections in Bihar
Patna: Decks have been cleared for holding
Panchayat elLections in Bihar from April this year after the
Nitish Kumar government on Wednesday gave its nod to a proposal of
the state Panchayati Raj department to this effect.
The state cabinet presided over by Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar met here this afternoon and approved the proposal.
Besides Deputy Chief Minister, several ministers also
attended the meeting.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, B K Singh,
Additional Secretary (Cabinet Coordination Department), said
the cabinet approved holding the Panchayat elections in ten
The first phase of elections would be concluded
between April 20 and May 28, 2011.
The elections to the Panchayati Raj institutions would
be held without party-basis, according to the announcement
made by the state government recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview