Declare terms of reference of the CBI probe in Sena case: Lalu
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday said the Bihar government should make public the terms of reference of the CBI probe in the Ranvir Sena supremo Brahmeshwar Singh alias Mukhiyaji murder case.
"The state government should make public the content and reference of the CBI probe in the case in order to clear doubt about its intentions," Lalu told reporters.
He said Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was left with no alternative but to recommend a CBI probe in the matter.
"Nitish simply had no other choice but to recommend a CBI probe in the Sena chief murder case in view of the prevailing tension in the state," he said.
Prasad alleged that the state government`s "tall" claims about `Sushashan` (good governance) has been exposed thoroughly in the wake of the Ranvir Sena leader murder case and the incidents of violence and arson in Bhojpur and Patna districts in its aftermath.
"The state has witnessed rampant lawlessness, crime and corruption during the NDA rule and the reverse counting of the days of the NDA regime has begun," the RJD chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH