Declare terms of reference of the CBI probe in Sena case: Lalu
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday said the Bihar government should make public the terms of reference of the CBI probe in the Ranvir Sena supremo Brahmeshwar Singh alias Mukhiyaji murder case.
"The state government should make public the content and reference of the CBI probe in the case in order to clear doubt about its intentions," Lalu told reporters.
He said Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was left with no alternative but to recommend a CBI probe in the matter.
"Nitish simply had no other choice but to recommend a CBI probe in the Sena chief murder case in view of the prevailing tension in the state," he said.
Prasad alleged that the state government`s "tall" claims about `Sushashan` (good governance) has been exposed thoroughly in the wake of the Ranvir Sena leader murder case and the incidents of violence and arson in Bhojpur and Patna districts in its aftermath.
"The state has witnessed rampant lawlessness, crime and corruption during the NDA rule and the reverse counting of the days of the NDA regime has begun," the RJD chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US