`Deep conspiracy behind Ranvir Sena chief murder`
Patna: There was a `deep` conspiracy behind the murder of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh alias Mukhiyaji and efforts are on by Special Investigation Team (SIT) to crack the case, Bihar Director General of Police Abhayanand said on Tuesday.
"The Ranvir Sena chief was killed due to a deep rooted conspiracy involving both the conspirators and the actual killers," The DGP told reporters here.
The three arrested accused - Ritesh alias Monu, Anil Pandey and Rahul Harshvardhan alias Sunny, besides another accused Abhay Pandey, who is absconding, were part of the conspiracy to eliminate Singh and were close to the place of the murder, he said.
It has been established through detailed records of mobile conversations of arrested persons that they were in constant touch with each other prior to the murder, he said.
The SIT probe had revealed that all the four accused, who have been charged under various sections of Indian Penal Code and Arms Act in the Ranvir Sena chief murder case, had earned Singh`s ire for their illegal activities like extortion and use of force while he was in jail.
SIT is on the lookout for Abhay, nephew of an incarcerated Hareram Pandey, and his properties have been confiscated to make him surrender to the police, Abhayanand said.
Replying to a question, he said the political angle in the murder case could not be ruled out but did not elaborate.
The DGP admitted that the progress in investigations had hit a road block as the three arrested refused to go through narco and polygraph tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets