`Deep conspiracy behind Ranvir Sena chief murder`
Patna: There was a `deep` conspiracy behind the murder of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh alias Mukhiyaji and efforts are on by Special Investigation Team (SIT) to crack the case, Bihar Director General of Police Abhayanand said on Tuesday.
"The Ranvir Sena chief was killed due to a deep rooted conspiracy involving both the conspirators and the actual killers," The DGP told reporters here.
The three arrested accused - Ritesh alias Monu, Anil Pandey and Rahul Harshvardhan alias Sunny, besides another accused Abhay Pandey, who is absconding, were part of the conspiracy to eliminate Singh and were close to the place of the murder, he said.
It has been established through detailed records of mobile conversations of arrested persons that they were in constant touch with each other prior to the murder, he said.
The SIT probe had revealed that all the four accused, who have been charged under various sections of Indian Penal Code and Arms Act in the Ranvir Sena chief murder case, had earned Singh`s ire for their illegal activities like extortion and use of force while he was in jail.
SIT is on the lookout for Abhay, nephew of an incarcerated Hareram Pandey, and his properties have been confiscated to make him surrender to the police, Abhayanand said.
Replying to a question, he said the political angle in the murder case could not be ruled out but did not elaborate.
The DGP admitted that the progress in investigations had hit a road block as the three arrested refused to go through narco and polygraph tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year
- These MPs may become ministers if PM Modi goes in for Cabinet reshuffle - List Inside
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH
- 7th Pay Commission: LIVE streaming of FM Jaitley Cabinet briefing