`Deep conspiracy behind Ranvir Sena chief murder`
Patna: There was a `deep` conspiracy behind the murder of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh alias Mukhiyaji and efforts are on by Special Investigation Team (SIT) to crack the case, Bihar Director General of Police Abhayanand said on Tuesday.
"The Ranvir Sena chief was killed due to a deep rooted conspiracy involving both the conspirators and the actual killers," The DGP told reporters here.
The three arrested accused - Ritesh alias Monu, Anil Pandey and Rahul Harshvardhan alias Sunny, besides another accused Abhay Pandey, who is absconding, were part of the conspiracy to eliminate Singh and were close to the place of the murder, he said.
It has been established through detailed records of mobile conversations of arrested persons that they were in constant touch with each other prior to the murder, he said.
The SIT probe had revealed that all the four accused, who have been charged under various sections of Indian Penal Code and Arms Act in the Ranvir Sena chief murder case, had earned Singh`s ire for their illegal activities like extortion and use of force while he was in jail.
SIT is on the lookout for Abhay, nephew of an incarcerated Hareram Pandey, and his properties have been confiscated to make him surrender to the police, Abhayanand said.
Replying to a question, he said the political angle in the murder case could not be ruled out but did not elaborate.
The DGP admitted that the progress in investigations had hit a road block as the three arrested refused to go through narco and polygraph tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’