Delay in ministry expansion affecting Bihar governance: BJP
Patna: Governance in Bihar is suffering due to the delay in expansion of the council of ministers after the snapping of ties with the JD-U, the BJP said on Monday.
"The law and order situation in Bihar is deteriorating steadily and is reminding the people of `jungle raj` (under RJD)," party national general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here.
Terming Chief Minister Nitish Kumar an "autocrat" who, he claimed, was known to humiliate his own partymen, Rudy said he would like to publicly apologise to erstwhile ally JD(U) legislators and cadres for receiving ill-treatment in his hands on the strength of the majority provided by BJP.
"I will also not hesitate to apologise to the people of Bihar for the dictatorial manner of the chief minister ... The way he had behaved with the people with disrespect apparently knowing that he enjoyed brute majority with the help of 91 BJP MLAs," he said.
Rudy criticised Kumar for calling Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi an autocrat and said he was an autocrat himself in contrast to Modi`s growing image as a popular national leader.
Pillorying Kumar for his alleged growing proximity with the Congress, he charged him with becoming a protocol officer for the manner in which he was receiving the visiting Union ministers.
"Kumar has done in mere 17 days after his party`s split from NDA that he could not do in 17 years - he has become a protocol officer going by the warmth with which he received visiting union ministers and gleefully accepted secular certificate from the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other Congress leaders," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?