Delay in ministry expansion affecting Bihar governance: BJP
Patna: Governance in Bihar is suffering due to the delay in expansion of the council of ministers after the snapping of ties with the JD-U, the BJP said on Monday.
"The law and order situation in Bihar is deteriorating steadily and is reminding the people of `jungle raj` (under RJD)," party national general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here.
Terming Chief Minister Nitish Kumar an "autocrat" who, he claimed, was known to humiliate his own partymen, Rudy said he would like to publicly apologise to erstwhile ally JD(U) legislators and cadres for receiving ill-treatment in his hands on the strength of the majority provided by BJP.
"I will also not hesitate to apologise to the people of Bihar for the dictatorial manner of the chief minister ... The way he had behaved with the people with disrespect apparently knowing that he enjoyed brute majority with the help of 91 BJP MLAs," he said.
Rudy criticised Kumar for calling Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi an autocrat and said he was an autocrat himself in contrast to Modi`s growing image as a popular national leader.
Pillorying Kumar for his alleged growing proximity with the Congress, he charged him with becoming a protocol officer for the manner in which he was receiving the visiting Union ministers.
"Kumar has done in mere 17 days after his party`s split from NDA that he could not do in 17 years - he has become a protocol officer going by the warmth with which he received visiting union ministers and gleefully accepted secular certificate from the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other Congress leaders," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre