Delay in ministry expansion affecting Bihar governance: BJP
Patna: Governance in Bihar is suffering due to the delay in expansion of the council of ministers after the snapping of ties with the JD-U, the BJP said on Monday.
"The law and order situation in Bihar is deteriorating steadily and is reminding the people of `jungle raj` (under RJD)," party national general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here.
Terming Chief Minister Nitish Kumar an "autocrat" who, he claimed, was known to humiliate his own partymen, Rudy said he would like to publicly apologise to erstwhile ally JD(U) legislators and cadres for receiving ill-treatment in his hands on the strength of the majority provided by BJP.
"I will also not hesitate to apologise to the people of Bihar for the dictatorial manner of the chief minister ... The way he had behaved with the people with disrespect apparently knowing that he enjoyed brute majority with the help of 91 BJP MLAs," he said.
Rudy criticised Kumar for calling Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi an autocrat and said he was an autocrat himself in contrast to Modi`s growing image as a popular national leader.
Pillorying Kumar for his alleged growing proximity with the Congress, he charged him with becoming a protocol officer for the manner in which he was receiving the visiting Union ministers.
"Kumar has done in mere 17 days after his party`s split from NDA that he could not do in 17 years - he has become a protocol officer going by the warmth with which he received visiting union ministers and gleefully accepted secular certificate from the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other Congress leaders," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style