Delhi gang-rape: Akshay Thakur`s kin remain glued to TV
Aurangabad: Remaining glued to the TV empty stomach since morning, family members of Akshay Thakur, one of the four declared guilty in the December 16 gang-rape and murder case, felt some relief that worst did not come on Wednesday and hoped God would be kind when punishment would be pronounced on Friday.
Thakur`s father Saryu Singh, a marginal farmer, mother Malti Devi, wife Punita Devi holding her two-year-old son and brothers Abhay and Vinay along with some other relatives shut themselves inside home and were watching TV since morning to know the court`s order, a close relative of the accused said requesting anonymity.
Having not touched food since last night, their eyes were fixed on TV to know the fate of Akshay Thakur.
When they come to know that the order on fixing quantum of punishment would be delivered on Friday they felt some relief temporarily.
Mediapersons had gathered at the thatched home of Thakurs at Lahankarma in Aurangabad district, about 225 km from capital Patna since morning.
Sounds of loud cries kept pouring out of the house till the court`s order postponing the decision on punishment for Friday came.
The kin said that the family members hope that God will be kind on them when the punishment is delivered.
Though family members did not come out to react on the court`s judgement, Rajendra Chaudhary, mukhiya of Ramnagar panchayat under which Lahankarma village falls, told PTI that though there is no complaint of Akshay Thakur in the village but if he has done some wrong in Delhi he deserve punishment.
He said though the entire village is in anger over the mean act of Akshay Thakur, but everyone feels bad looking at his innocent wife and two-year-old son.
Till Saket court order came, the entire village was discussing whether Akshay Thakur along with three others would get death sentence or life imprisonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam