Delhi gang-rape: Akshay Thakur`s kin remain glued to TV
Aurangabad: Remaining glued to the TV empty stomach since morning, family members of Akshay Thakur, one of the four declared guilty in the December 16 gang-rape and murder case, felt some relief that worst did not come on Wednesday and hoped God would be kind when punishment would be pronounced on Friday.
Thakur`s father Saryu Singh, a marginal farmer, mother Malti Devi, wife Punita Devi holding her two-year-old son and brothers Abhay and Vinay along with some other relatives shut themselves inside home and were watching TV since morning to know the court`s order, a close relative of the accused said requesting anonymity.
Having not touched food since last night, their eyes were fixed on TV to know the fate of Akshay Thakur.
When they come to know that the order on fixing quantum of punishment would be delivered on Friday they felt some relief temporarily.
Mediapersons had gathered at the thatched home of Thakurs at Lahankarma in Aurangabad district, about 225 km from capital Patna since morning.
Sounds of loud cries kept pouring out of the house till the court`s order postponing the decision on punishment for Friday came.
The kin said that the family members hope that God will be kind on them when the punishment is delivered.
Though family members did not come out to react on the court`s judgement, Rajendra Chaudhary, mukhiya of Ramnagar panchayat under which Lahankarma village falls, told PTI that though there is no complaint of Akshay Thakur in the village but if he has done some wrong in Delhi he deserve punishment.
He said though the entire village is in anger over the mean act of Akshay Thakur, but everyone feels bad looking at his innocent wife and two-year-old son.
Till Saket court order came, the entire village was discussing whether Akshay Thakur along with three others would get death sentence or life imprisonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed