Delhi Police had warned about attack on Mahabodhi temple
New Delhi: A team of Delhi Police is likely to visit Bihar`s Bodh Gaya town to share information provided by the Indian Mujahideen (IM) terrorists who had earlier planned an attack on the temple, police said on Sunday.
"We will be sending a team to Bodh Gaya to share the information provided by the arrested IM operatives who had planned to carry out serial blasts in the temple," a senior Delhi Police officer told IANS here.
The officer added that they had alerted intelligence agencies and Bihar Police about a possible terror attack in the state. "We had shared the inputs with intelligence agencies and Bihar Police about a possible terror attack," the police officer said.
According to police, the IM operatives had informed them that they had spent 15 days in Bihar doing a recce of the temple.
In 2012, Delhi Police had busted a group of IM terrorists which carried out serial blasts in Pune. They had planned similar attacks in Delhi and Bodh Gaya too.
The arrested IM terrorists in the Pune blast case were identified as Syed Makbul, Irfan, Imran and Asad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand