Delhi Police had warned about attack on Mahabodhi temple
New Delhi: A team of Delhi Police is likely to visit Bihar`s Bodh Gaya town to share information provided by the Indian Mujahideen (IM) terrorists who had earlier planned an attack on the temple, police said on Sunday.
"We will be sending a team to Bodh Gaya to share the information provided by the arrested IM operatives who had planned to carry out serial blasts in the temple," a senior Delhi Police officer told IANS here.
The officer added that they had alerted intelligence agencies and Bihar Police about a possible terror attack in the state. "We had shared the inputs with intelligence agencies and Bihar Police about a possible terror attack," the police officer said.
According to police, the IM operatives had informed them that they had spent 15 days in Bihar doing a recce of the temple.
In 2012, Delhi Police had busted a group of IM terrorists which carried out serial blasts in Pune. They had planned similar attacks in Delhi and Bodh Gaya too.
The arrested IM terrorists in the Pune blast case were identified as Syed Makbul, Irfan, Imran and Asad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price