Demand for 4% jobs quota for backward minorities
Patna: Bihar Congress leaders and members
of the Youth Congress today held a sit-in here to demand that
the Nitish Kumar government give four per cent reservation for
the backward in the minority community in government jobs and
State Congress president Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser
and state YC president Lalan Kumar hailed the UPA government
led by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the four per cent
reservation within the 27 per cent quota for OBCs for the
uplift of minorities and to ensure improvement in their
Kumar demanded that the Nitish Kumar government must
take a lesson from the Manmohan Singh government to provide
4.5 per cent reservations for the backward among minorities in
government jobs and in educational institutions.
"The Nitish Kumar government is aware of the plight of
minorities and we will intensify the agitation to press for
the demand," Kumar said.
"The Youth Congress will launch an agitation if the
state government fails to make provision for minorities,"
Kumar warned at the sit-in at Kargil Chowk.
Kaiser and Lalan said that Congressmen would gherao
the state assembly if the state government failed to
conceded their demand.
"The Nitish Kumar government is overlooking the
problems facing the backward among minorities and it should
take steps for their uplift," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped