Demand for probe against outgoing Bihar Guv intensifies
Patna: The demand for investigation into allegations against outgoing Bihar Governor Devanand Konwar of taking money for appointment of vice-chancellors and pro vice-chancellors in universities of the state intensified with two senior ministers supporting it on Monday.
Bihar Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh sought CBI probe against Konwar.
"It`s a serious allegation hence it should be probed by CBI," Singh, a senior JD (U) leader, told reporters outside Assembly gate.
His ministerial colleague and BJP leader Giriraj Singh told reporters that the matter was serious as the person against whom allegations have been levelled occupied a high constitutional post and hence the issue should be inquired into by a high level committee.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi had yesterday urged the Centre to order a probe into allegations that Konwar, who is the chancellor of the state universities, had taken money for appointments of VCs and pro VCs.
He had said a Congress legislator had levelled the allegation against him, which the Centre should get probed.
Konwar has been shifted to Tripura in the reshuffle of governors announced by President Pranab Mukherjee last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why