Dengue and swine flu! Bihar set for virulent poll campaign
Patna: Dengue vs swine flu. No, that`s not a question on which is the more threatening disease but perhaps the choice facing the Bihar voter with Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad comparing the Congress to the aedes mosquito that causes dengue and the latter retorting that he was like the swine flu virus - "very dangerous".
A day after Lalu Prasad described the Congress as a silent killer and warned people, particularly Muslims, against the party, Congress leader Prem Chand Mishra said Thursday that the RJD was like a swine flu virus.
"RJD is like the swine flu virus, very dangerous," Mishra said.
He said Lalu Prasad and his party were worried and restless over the rising popularity of the Congress. "Lalu Prasad`s remarks against the Congress show his desperation," Mishra said.
Lalu Prasad had said Wednesday that the Congress bites people quietly, causing the dreaded dengue disease.
The RJD chief, who was launching his campaign for the elections beginning Oct 21, also said the Congress had a secret understanding with the BJP.
By attacking the Congress on day one of the campaign, Lalu Prasad has indicated that the his party would be targeting the Congress in the coming days.
"The Congress is facing a revolt by its leaders and workers over ticket distribution. The Congress is in deep trouble before going to the polls," he said.
Congress leaders responded by saying that they challenged his to a debate on any issue.
Congress leader Abu Azami said Lalu was targeting the Congress in desperation. "People are aware about Lalu and his politics."
Another Congress leader, Ramjatan Sinha, said Lalu Prasad was already showing signs of defeat.
The Congress, which is contesting all 243 seats in the assembly on its own, is desperately hoping to exponentially increase its tally from 10 legislators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island
- I gossiped about Hollywood with Nathan Jones: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Tribal community members in Goa narrate their woes to Arvind Kejriwal
- Philippines and communist rebels start peace talks after truce
- Seoul, Washington kick off joint annual war game