Deserving Bihar sportspersons to get govt job by June end
Patna: There is good news for sportspersons
of Bihar with the state government having completed the
necessary paraphernalia to provide suitable government jobs to
"Deserving sportspersons will be given appointment
letters for government jobs by the end of next month
commensurate with their performance in sports tournaments at
different levels", Principal secretary, personnel and
administrative reforms, Deepak Kumar told agency.
Kumar, who held a high-level meeting here today to
shortlist the names of the sportspersons to be provided
government jobs on the basis of their performance, said that
after advertising the government policy in April this year,
the department received 1823 applications by sportspersons
seeking government jobs on sports quota.
"We have shortlisted 199 applicants and will put the names
of the selected candidates alongwith 1823 applicants on the
website in the first week of June to furnish their grievances
within a week", he said.
After considering the grievances of candidates and
clarifying as to why they had not been considered for
government jobs, the appointment letters to the
shortlisted 183 sportspersons would be issued on the basis of
their qualifications and their achievements at different
levels and tournaments latest by the end of June this year,
the principal secretary said.
Kumar said in order to provide suitable government jobs to
deserving sports personalities in Secretariat Services, Bihar
Secretariat Clerical Services and other Group C and D
posts ,the Nitish Kumar government had framed the Bihar
Outstanding Sportspersons Appointment Rules 2009 last year.
He, however, clarified that non-Matric sportsmen eligible
for group D government jobs but having extra skills and
good performance at different levels might be considered for
clerical posts under special circumstances.
The government decision to give government jobs to
sportspersons in accordance with their qualifications and
performances has brought relief to many families living in
abject poverty despite their wards performing well at
different levels and bringing laurels to the state and
awaiting government jobs for the past several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India