Development expenditure has jumped ten-fold: Nitish Kumar
Gaya: Highlighting initiatives undertaken by his government, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday said the pace of progress could be understood from the almost ten-fold increase in funds spent on development in the state.
"Prior to the NDA rule not even Rs 3,000 crore were spent on developmental works in Bihar. The amount has now risen to Rs 26,000 crore in fiscal 2012-13," Kumar said here.
He said the government has planned to increase the expenditure on development initiatives to Rs 34,000 crore in the current financial year.
"Earlier, people had the feeling that Bihar can never develop. But now the mindset has changed and the state is setting example for others," the chief minister said.
During his `Sewa Yatra`, Kumar inaugurated 121 projects and laid foundation of 79 projects in between Tekari block and Gaya town, totalling a sum of Rs 224 crore.
The NDA rule came in Bihar in November 2005 after 15 years rein of Lalu Prasad`s RJD. The JD(U)-BJP coalition government was re-elected in 2010.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!