Dibrugarh-ND Rajdhani hits autorickshaw; 7 dead
Katihar (Bihar): At least seven persons were on Saturday killed when Dibrugarh-New Delhi Rajdhani Express rammed
into an autorickshaw carrying them at an unmanned level
crossing in Katihar district on Saturday, a senior railway official
The train running at a speed between 90 and 100 kmph hit
the autorickshaw as the auto driver tried to cross the tracks
at Khaira under Dandakhora police station, Divisional
Commercial Manager, North Frontier Railway (Katihar), A K
Sinha told PTI from the spot.
Bodies of the victims, all passengers of the
autorickshaw, lay scattered on both sides of the tracks as the
train went ahead and stopped only at Katihar railway station,
The NF Railway authorities and civil authorities have
ordered an inquiry into the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India