Dibrugarh-ND Rajdhani hits autorickshaw; 7 dead
Katihar (Bihar): At least seven persons were on Saturday killed when Dibrugarh-New Delhi Rajdhani Express rammed
into an autorickshaw carrying them at an unmanned level
crossing in Katihar district on Saturday, a senior railway official
The train running at a speed between 90 and 100 kmph hit
the autorickshaw as the auto driver tried to cross the tracks
at Khaira under Dandakhora police station, Divisional
Commercial Manager, North Frontier Railway (Katihar), A K
Sinha told PTI from the spot.
Bodies of the victims, all passengers of the
autorickshaw, lay scattered on both sides of the tracks as the
train went ahead and stopped only at Katihar railway station,
The NF Railway authorities and civil authorities have
ordered an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends