Diesel subsidy to farmers hiked in Bihar for additional crops
Patna: Faced with deficient rainfall in seven districts, the Bihar government on Friday hiked diesel subsidy to farmers for irrigation of additional paddy and maize crops in Bihar, an official said.
The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, the Principal Secretary (Cabinet Coordination and Secretariat) Ravikant told reporters.
The diesel subsidy to farmers was hiked by Rs 5 per litre to Rs 25 per litre and will be applicable for additional irrigation of paddy and maize crops over and above the subsidy provided for paddy crops cultivated five times and maize for three times a year, he said.
The state government had earlier sanctioned Rs. 619.75 crores towards diesel subsidy, Ravikant said adding that additional funds will be released for the purpose if required.
In the seven districts which had registered less than 50 per cent coverage of paddy plantation due to rain shortfall, minikit of seeds under the contingency crop schemes like pulses, vegetables to the farmers, the Principal Secretary (Cabinet Coordination and Secretariat) said.
He said an amount of Rs. 17.94 crores had been approved for distribution of minikits as well as three irrigation of such alternative crops.
The state government approved implementation of the centrally-sponsored scheme for integrated water harvesting and management scheme in Bihar for five years in seven rain deficient states at a cost of Rs. 230.16 crores comprising the central share of Rs. 207.14 crores and Rs. 23.02 crores as state share, he said.
The scheme will help in preservation of water in these seven districts and boost protection of environment, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview