Differently-abled youth tries to commit suicide in front of minister
Patna: Frustrated over not getting a job, a differently-abled youth tried to commit suicide on the dais in presence of a state minister at a function organised to honour local players here on Thursday.
Anurag Chandra, a resident of Paliganj in Patna district, sprinkled petrol on himself after coming on the dais when he was called to be honoured by state Industries and Disaster Management minister Renu Kushwaha.
The youth had brought petrol in a water bottle.
Though taken aback by the youth`s action, the policemen present there soon foiled his attempt and took him into custody, the police said.
Kushwaha expressed sorrow over the incident saying the programme was organised to honour players and this type of act was not proper.
The minister said the demand for a job should have been placed at the proper forum instead of resorting to such an act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Sad but true! Women in India earn 19% less than men, says report
- Jayalalithaa thanks Stalin for attending her swearing-in ceremony, says 'no intent to disrespect him or DMK'
- Snapdeal CPO Anand Chandrasekaran quits
- IT department to 'name and shame' crorepati defaulters this fiscal
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!