Differently-abled youth tries to commit suicide in front of minister
Patna: Frustrated over not getting a job, a differently-abled youth tried to commit suicide on the dais in presence of a state minister at a function organised to honour local players here on Thursday.
Anurag Chandra, a resident of Paliganj in Patna district, sprinkled petrol on himself after coming on the dais when he was called to be honoured by state Industries and Disaster Management minister Renu Kushwaha.
The youth had brought petrol in a water bottle.
Though taken aback by the youth`s action, the policemen present there soon foiled his attempt and took him into custody, the police said.
Kushwaha expressed sorrow over the incident saying the programme was organised to honour players and this type of act was not proper.
The minister said the demand for a job should have been placed at the proper forum instead of resorting to such an act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez