Differently-abled youth tries to commit suicide in front of minister
Patna: Frustrated over not getting a job, a differently-abled youth tried to commit suicide on the dais in presence of a state minister at a function organised to honour local players here on Thursday.
Anurag Chandra, a resident of Paliganj in Patna district, sprinkled petrol on himself after coming on the dais when he was called to be honoured by state Industries and Disaster Management minister Renu Kushwaha.
The youth had brought petrol in a water bottle.
Though taken aback by the youth`s action, the policemen present there soon foiled his attempt and took him into custody, the police said.
Kushwaha expressed sorrow over the incident saying the programme was organised to honour players and this type of act was not proper.
The minister said the demand for a job should have been placed at the proper forum instead of resorting to such an act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic