Differently-abled youth tries to commit suicide in front of minister
Patna: Frustrated over not getting a job, a differently-abled youth tried to commit suicide on the dais in presence of a state minister at a function organised to honour local players here on Thursday.
Anurag Chandra, a resident of Paliganj in Patna district, sprinkled petrol on himself after coming on the dais when he was called to be honoured by state Industries and Disaster Management minister Renu Kushwaha.
The youth had brought petrol in a water bottle.
Though taken aback by the youth`s action, the policemen present there soon foiled his attempt and took him into custody, the police said.
Kushwaha expressed sorrow over the incident saying the programme was organised to honour players and this type of act was not proper.
The minister said the demand for a job should have been placed at the proper forum instead of resorting to such an act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown