Differently-abled youth tries to commit suicide in front of minister
Patna: Frustrated over not getting a job, a differently-abled youth tried to commit suicide on the dais in presence of a state minister at a function organised to honour local players here on Thursday.
Anurag Chandra, a resident of Paliganj in Patna district, sprinkled petrol on himself after coming on the dais when he was called to be honoured by state Industries and Disaster Management minister Renu Kushwaha.
The youth had brought petrol in a water bottle.
Though taken aback by the youth`s action, the policemen present there soon foiled his attempt and took him into custody, the police said.
Kushwaha expressed sorrow over the incident saying the programme was organised to honour players and this type of act was not proper.
The minister said the demand for a job should have been placed at the proper forum instead of resorting to such an act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state