Digvijay holds Lalu responsible for Cong`s defeat in Bihar
Indore: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh Sunday held Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) Chief Lalu Prasad
Yadav responsible for Congress` debacle in Bihar Assembly
"We had to pay a price in the Bihar polls because of
Lalu. Congress in Bihar had twice supported Lalu to form
government in that state in past to keep BJP out of power. Due
to this we suffered the loss," Singh told reporters here.
Asked whether Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s
charisma failed to work in Bihar, Singh said that Rahul`s
influence remains intact but the strength to make voters
collectively go to the polling station counts.
Underling the need of strengthening the party`s base
in Bihar, the Congress general secretary said that the party
has to drop the crutches, prepare new leadership and take to
To a poser, Congress general secretary in charge of
Uttar Pradesh said that Bihar assembly result won`t impact
Congress` performance in UP elections in 2012 adding that
party was working on a different strategy for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi