Digvijay holds Lalu responsible for Cong`s defeat in Bihar
Indore: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh Sunday held Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) Chief Lalu Prasad
Yadav responsible for Congress` debacle in Bihar Assembly
"We had to pay a price in the Bihar polls because of
Lalu. Congress in Bihar had twice supported Lalu to form
government in that state in past to keep BJP out of power. Due
to this we suffered the loss," Singh told reporters here.
Asked whether Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s
charisma failed to work in Bihar, Singh said that Rahul`s
influence remains intact but the strength to make voters
collectively go to the polling station counts.
Underling the need of strengthening the party`s base
in Bihar, the Congress general secretary said that the party
has to drop the crutches, prepare new leadership and take to
To a poser, Congress general secretary in charge of
Uttar Pradesh said that Bihar assembly result won`t impact
Congress` performance in UP elections in 2012 adding that
party was working on a different strategy for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say