Digvijay holds Lalu responsible for Cong`s defeat in Bihar
Indore: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh Sunday held Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) Chief Lalu Prasad
Yadav responsible for Congress` debacle in Bihar Assembly
"We had to pay a price in the Bihar polls because of
Lalu. Congress in Bihar had twice supported Lalu to form
government in that state in past to keep BJP out of power. Due
to this we suffered the loss," Singh told reporters here.
Asked whether Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s
charisma failed to work in Bihar, Singh said that Rahul`s
influence remains intact but the strength to make voters
collectively go to the polling station counts.
Underling the need of strengthening the party`s base
in Bihar, the Congress general secretary said that the party
has to drop the crutches, prepare new leadership and take to
To a poser, Congress general secretary in charge of
Uttar Pradesh said that Bihar assembly result won`t impact
Congress` performance in UP elections in 2012 adding that
party was working on a different strategy for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre