Digvijay holds Lalu responsible for Cong`s defeat in Bihar
Indore: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh Sunday held Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) Chief Lalu Prasad
Yadav responsible for Congress` debacle in Bihar Assembly
"We had to pay a price in the Bihar polls because of
Lalu. Congress in Bihar had twice supported Lalu to form
government in that state in past to keep BJP out of power. Due
to this we suffered the loss," Singh told reporters here.
Asked whether Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi`s
charisma failed to work in Bihar, Singh said that Rahul`s
influence remains intact but the strength to make voters
collectively go to the polling station counts.
Underling the need of strengthening the party`s base
in Bihar, the Congress general secretary said that the party
has to drop the crutches, prepare new leadership and take to
To a poser, Congress general secretary in charge of
Uttar Pradesh said that Bihar assembly result won`t impact
Congress` performance in UP elections in 2012 adding that
party was working on a different strategy for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed