Digvijay Singh`s body taken to Gidhaur in Bihar for cremation
New Delhi: The body of former union minister
Digvijay Singh, who died two days ago at a hospital in London,
was on Saturday taken to his hometown in Bihar for cremation.
Singh breathed his last at St Thomas Hospital where he
was being treated for heart ailment on June 24. He suffered a
brain haemorrhage while in the hospital. The body was taken to
Gidhaur on Poorva Express.
The cremation will be held on Monday in Gidhaur.
55-year-old Singh, an independent member of the Lok Sabha
from Banka in Bihar, is survived by his wife and two
Prominent political leaders L K Advani, Rajnath Singh,
Mulayam Singh Yadav, Ahmed Patel and Vasundhare Raje visited
Singh`s Lodhi Estate residence here to pay their respects.
Singh, who was a close associate of former Prime Minister
Chandrashekhar, had served as Minister of State for Railways
and MoS for External Affairs in his government and Atal Bihari
Vajpayee-led NDA governments at the Centre.
Singh had fought the last Lok Sabha election as an
independent after being denied ticket from his then party
JD(U) despite being a sitting MP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter