Dipak Misra sworn in as new Chief Justice of Patna HC
Patna: Dipak Misra was today sworn in as the
new Chief Justice of Patna High Court.
Bihar Governor D Konwar administered the oath to justice
Misra at a simple function at Raj Bhavan.
Born on October 3, 1953, Misra joined as advocate at
Orissa High Court in 1977 before being elevated as judge of
Orissa High Court in 1996.
He was transferred to Madhya Pradesh High Court in March
1997 and since then he was serving there before his promotion
as Chief Justice of Patna High Court.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, his deputy S K Modi, State
assembly speaker U N Choudhary, legislative council chairman T
K Jha, besides several judges of the High Court were present
at the oath-taking ceremony.
Opposition leader Rabri Devi was also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender