Dipak Misra sworn in as new Chief Justice of Patna HC
Patna: Dipak Misra was today sworn in as the
new Chief Justice of Patna High Court.
Bihar Governor D Konwar administered the oath to justice
Misra at a simple function at Raj Bhavan.
Born on October 3, 1953, Misra joined as advocate at
Orissa High Court in 1977 before being elevated as judge of
Orissa High Court in 1996.
He was transferred to Madhya Pradesh High Court in March
1997 and since then he was serving there before his promotion
as Chief Justice of Patna High Court.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, his deputy S K Modi, State
assembly speaker U N Choudhary, legislative council chairman T
K Jha, besides several judges of the High Court were present
at the oath-taking ceremony.
Opposition leader Rabri Devi was also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter