Dipankar asks Nitish to make Lalu mediator
Patna: The CPI-ML (L) Friday urged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to appoint RJD president Lalu Prasad to negotiate with Maoists for the release of the policemen being held hostage by them since Sunday.
"Nitish should make Lalu Prasad the mediator for negotiation with Maoists," the naxal outfit`s general secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya said.
He urged the state government to take appropriate steps for the resolution of the crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam