Dipankar asks Nitish to make Lalu mediator
Patna: The CPI-ML (L) Friday urged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to appoint RJD president Lalu Prasad to negotiate with Maoists for the release of the policemen being held hostage by them since Sunday.
"Nitish should make Lalu Prasad the mediator for negotiation with Maoists," the naxal outfit`s general secretary Dipankar Bhattacharya said.
He urged the state government to take appropriate steps for the resolution of the crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'Over 400 Indians lodged in Pakistani jails till July'15'
- Anurag Kashyap, Nawazuddin turn RJs to promote film
- Kurdish-Arab forces enter IS Syria bastion of Manbij: Monitor
- Indian, Pakistani soldiers clashed during retreat ceremony on border in Punjab – video goes viral
- Saints reject Kairana exodus theory, term it a 'conspiracy'