Diplomatic cable leaks a blatant lie: Bihar PCC chief
Patna: Bihar PCC chief Choudhary Mehboob Ali
Kaiser on Saturday described as `blatant lie` the diplomatic cable
release about Union Home Minister P Chidambaram reported
remarks that India would have made more progress if it had
only southern and western parts.
"The cable release quoting Chidambaram is highly
objectionable and a blatant lie," he told reporters here.
Kaiser, however, said any comment be it from Shiv Sena
supremo Bal Thackeray or anybody else aimed at hurting the
sentiments of people of northern parts of India would be
treated as `unfortunate and condemnable`.
Referring to the coming panchayat polls in Bihar, he said
Congress favoured holding the elections on party basis and
would field candidates supported by it.
A special task force had been constituted to identify
candidates, Kaiser added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren