Dipping popularity making Nitish confused: Sushil Modi
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is confused as to which formation to join ahead of Lok Sabha polls next year with election surveys saying it was unlikely that the ruling JD(U) would find much favour with the voters, former ally BJP said today.
Hitting back at Kumar, BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi said the CM was himself "confused" given that he sometimes extended the hand of friendship for Congress while talking about a Third Front at the same time.
"After breaking the alliance with BJP, Kumar is frightened by pre-poll surveys which indicate he will not get more than 10 (Lok Sabha) seats out of the total 40 in Bihar. He is caught in a dilemma as to which way to go," Sushil, who was Kumar`s deputy as part of the NDA government in Bihar, said in a statement here.
"He (Kumar) seems to be totally confused due to this and due to a decline in popularity and weakening of administration," Sushil added.
Kumar had escorted Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram to Congress headquarters here and had been happy upon getting a `certificate of secularism` from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Sushil said as he noted that he now appeared confused due to Congress`s apathy towards him.
Speaking up against BJP`s criticism of his demand for special category status for Bihar, Kumar had yesterday said the saffron party seemed confused.
Kumar had earlier announced that JD(U) would take a call on its alliance at the party`s Rajgir convention but was now saying that the alliance issue was not on the agenda, Sushil said.
He is now talking about the Left parties` rally in New Delhi scheduled for Oct. 30.
The special category status would not alone solve problems in Bihar like recurring floods, lack of development, poor roads, etc.
"For this, the state needs a special package," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'