Disgruntled JD(U) MLA meets Narendra Modi; 4th Bihar leader to do so
Ahmedabad: legislator and former minister in Nitish Kumar government Chhedi Paswan on Saturday met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Paswan met Modi in Gandhiangar and they discussed the political scenario in Bihar ahead of the 2014 elections for about 45 minutes, BJP sources said.
Paswan, MLA from Mohania in Kaimur district, is not on good terms with Nitish Kumar who dropped the latter from the cabinet after the 2010 elections. Paswan had earlier made his displeasure with JD(U) public.
He is the fourth `disgruntled` leader from Bihar to meet Modi, the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, in the last one and half months.
Bihar Congress leaders Anirudh Prasad alias Sadhu Yadav and Dasai Chaudhary and JD(U) MP from Muzaffarpur captain Jai Narain Prasad `Nishad` had met Modi recently.
Speculation is rife that some of them might switch the sides before the 2014 elections, BJP sources said.
Sources added that Modi was paying special attention to Bihar, the state where Kumar had blocked his entry for campaigning when JD(U) was a part of NDA.
Recently it left NDA after Modi was made BJP`s campaign committee chief.
BJP sources also said that Modi was going to hold a rally in Bihar in the last week of October.
Paswan was earlier with Lalu Yadav`s RJD, and was a minister between 2000 to 2004. In 2005 he switched over to JD (U). He was a minister in Kumar`s government from 2008 to 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH