Dishonour killing: Father kills daughter in Bihar
Patna: In yet another case of dishonour killing, a father allegedly murdered his daughter because of her relationship with a boy in Bihar, police said on Saturday.
The accused was identified as Lal Bihari Sharma, who killed his daughter Priyanka Kumari, 15, a class nine student, in Madhopur-Rampurva village in West Champaran district on Thursday.
"Sharma killed his daughter Thursday night and burnt her body to hide any evidence. He told his neighbours that his daughter had died of sickness," a police officer said.
A case was lodged against 18 people, including Sharma and the village council head Rajesh Kunwar, under Sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) of the Indian Penal Code, he said.
Village security-guard Dhuruv Singh had reported the matter to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing