Dishonour killing: Father kills daughter in Bihar
Patna: In yet another case of dishonour killing, a father allegedly murdered his daughter because of her relationship with a boy in Bihar, police said on Saturday.
The accused was identified as Lal Bihari Sharma, who killed his daughter Priyanka Kumari, 15, a class nine student, in Madhopur-Rampurva village in West Champaran district on Thursday.
"Sharma killed his daughter Thursday night and burnt her body to hide any evidence. He told his neighbours that his daughter had died of sickness," a police officer said.
A case was lodged against 18 people, including Sharma and the village council head Rajesh Kunwar, under Sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) of the Indian Penal Code, he said.
Village security-guard Dhuruv Singh had reported the matter to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand