Dishonour killing: Father kills daughter in Bihar
Patna: In yet another case of dishonour killing, a father allegedly murdered his daughter because of her relationship with a boy in Bihar, police said on Saturday.
The accused was identified as Lal Bihari Sharma, who killed his daughter Priyanka Kumari, 15, a class nine student, in Madhopur-Rampurva village in West Champaran district on Thursday.
"Sharma killed his daughter Thursday night and burnt her body to hide any evidence. He told his neighbours that his daughter had died of sickness," a police officer said.
A case was lodged against 18 people, including Sharma and the village council head Rajesh Kunwar, under Sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) of the Indian Penal Code, he said.
Village security-guard Dhuruv Singh had reported the matter to the police.
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!
- Sensex sinks 104 points in early trade on weak global cues
- Sacha Baron Cohen's father dies at 83
- AAP founder member Ilyas Azmi quits party, says 'autrocratic' Arvind Kejriwal doing 'communal politics'
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC to resume hearing on plea challenging HC order revoking President's Rule