Dissension within Bihar BJP over Nand Kishore Yadav
Patna: Dissension surfaced within BJP over choice of leader of Opposition in the Bihar Assembly with a section of legislators protesting selection of Nand Kishore Yadav to the post without discussion with MLAs.
Peeved over the decision of the BJP Parliamentary Board selecting Yadav, NDA convenor in Bihar, as new Leader of Opposition, some BJP legislators including Prem Kumar, Chandra Mohan Rai, Giriraj Singh and Vikram Kuwar did not participate in the BJP Legislature party meeting this morning before start of special session.
Prem Kumar, who was Urban Development minister in the Nitish Kumar government told reporters they boycotted the meeting over selection of Yadav as opposition leader without consulting MLAs.
He said he has conveyed anger of party legislators over the selection to BJP General Secretaries Ananth Kumar and Dharmendra Pradhan who are in-charge of Bihar affairs.
Chandramohan Rai, who was also a minister in the NDA government, confirmed not attending the Legislature party meeting saying "when the leader was already chosen by party leader without taking views of MLAs, what was the point of participating in the meeting?"
Prem Kumar, senior BJP MLA from Gaya, questioned selection of Yadav, "whose closeness with Nitish Kumar is well known."
Showing a vernacular newspaper he told reporters outside the Assembly, that while all the markets were closed during yesterday`s "Vishwasghat divas" and Bihar bandh, Yadav`s business establishment was open.
When asked about dissatisfaction among a section of party leaders over his selection, Yadav told a news agency that "party has taken a decision and I will perform my duty sincerely."
"Some people whose ambition was dashed due to my selection are not happy," he said without naming anybody.
Party sources said that BJP Parliamentary Board has selected Yadav as legislature party leader in Assembly and former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi in the Legislative Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa