District Fisheries Officer jailed on graft charge
Madhepura: A District Fisheries Officer (DFO) was today arrested on graft charge in Bihar`s Madhepura district, a police officer said.
The DFO Rajnish Kumar was arrested from his office at the district headquarters after a probe found him guilty of demanding graft from the farmers in lieu of sanction of subsidies for fisheries, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Himanshu Shankar Trivedi said.
Kumar was later produced before the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Anil Kumar Sinha who remanded the accused official to 14 days` judicial remand.
Earlier, the local farmers interested in fisheries activities had submitted a memorandum to the JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav last month alleging that the district officials were demanding graft for providing them subsidy under various schemes to promote fisheries.
Yadav had forwarded the memorandum to the district magistrate for necessary action and consequently during a probe it had come to light that graft was indeed demanded by the fisheries officials through a clerk-cum-technician Lalan Kumar Karn.
An FIR was later lodged against Karn and other officials on graft charge, Trivedi said, adding that raids were on to nab the tainted clerk-cum-technician.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof