District magistrate receives threat call
Patna: The District magistrate of Patna
has received a threat call on his mobile phone from an
anonymous person, official sources said Wednesday.
An unidentified person called Sanjay Kumar last night
on his cell phone and threatened him with dire consequences if
he did not close the murder case of a transporter last month
and ensure the release of Kundan Singh, the prime accused in
that case, sources said.
Kumar promptly intimated police about the matter who,
during preliminary investigation, traced the call from Munger
district, they said.
Further investigation is going on in the matter, the
In the recent months, a number of ministers and
bureaucrats have received threat calls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources