District magistrate receives threat call
Patna: The District magistrate of Patna
has received a threat call on his mobile phone from an
anonymous person, official sources said Wednesday.
An unidentified person called Sanjay Kumar last night
on his cell phone and threatened him with dire consequences if
he did not close the murder case of a transporter last month
and ensure the release of Kundan Singh, the prime accused in
that case, sources said.
Kumar promptly intimated police about the matter who,
during preliminary investigation, traced the call from Munger
district, they said.
Further investigation is going on in the matter, the
In the recent months, a number of ministers and
bureaucrats have received threat calls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index