District magistrate receives threat call
Patna: The District magistrate of Patna
has received a threat call on his mobile phone from an
anonymous person, official sources said Wednesday.
An unidentified person called Sanjay Kumar last night
on his cell phone and threatened him with dire consequences if
he did not close the murder case of a transporter last month
and ensure the release of Kundan Singh, the prime accused in
that case, sources said.
Kumar promptly intimated police about the matter who,
during preliminary investigation, traced the call from Munger
district, they said.
Further investigation is going on in the matter, the
In the recent months, a number of ministers and
bureaucrats have received threat calls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi