District magistrate receives threat call
Patna: The District magistrate of Patna
has received a threat call on his mobile phone from an
anonymous person, official sources said Wednesday.
An unidentified person called Sanjay Kumar last night
on his cell phone and threatened him with dire consequences if
he did not close the murder case of a transporter last month
and ensure the release of Kundan Singh, the prime accused in
that case, sources said.
Kumar promptly intimated police about the matter who,
during preliminary investigation, traced the call from Munger
district, they said.
Further investigation is going on in the matter, the
In the recent months, a number of ministers and
bureaucrats have received threat calls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test