Doctor asked to pay man Rs 1 lakh for removing tes
Patna: Bihar`s State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has ordered a doctor to pay compensation of Rs one lakh within a month to a man for removing his testis without his consent.
"The doctor has deprived the man`s right to procreate and have children which amounts to violation of his human rights and caused mental trauma to the applicant," SHRC Chairman Justice (Rtd) SN Jha said in a recent order and asked the doctor to pay to the applicant within one month.
The applicant, a villager of Bihta area in Patna district, had said in his application to the SHRC that he had been admitted to Dr Lalit Mohan Sharma`s clinic-cum-private hospital at Bihta for treatment of acute pain in scrotum on December 27, 2010.
He alleged that the doctor forced him to undergo surgery for hydrocele on the same day during which his testis was moved without his consent and he was discharged from the hospital on the same day.
The applicant said he later visited a hospital in Patna and went through long remedial treatment incurring huge expenses.
After finding him guilty in its investigation, the SHRC questioned Sharma`s credentials as a doctor due to the manner in which he carried out hydrocele operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’