Doctor asked to pay man Rs 1 lakh for removing tes
Patna: Bihar`s State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has ordered a doctor to pay compensation of Rs one lakh within a month to a man for removing his testis without his consent.
"The doctor has deprived the man`s right to procreate and have children which amounts to violation of his human rights and caused mental trauma to the applicant," SHRC Chairman Justice (Rtd) SN Jha said in a recent order and asked the doctor to pay to the applicant within one month.
The applicant, a villager of Bihta area in Patna district, had said in his application to the SHRC that he had been admitted to Dr Lalit Mohan Sharma`s clinic-cum-private hospital at Bihta for treatment of acute pain in scrotum on December 27, 2010.
He alleged that the doctor forced him to undergo surgery for hydrocele on the same day during which his testis was moved without his consent and he was discharged from the hospital on the same day.
The applicant said he later visited a hospital in Patna and went through long remedial treatment incurring huge expenses.
After finding him guilty in its investigation, the SHRC questioned Sharma`s credentials as a doctor due to the manner in which he carried out hydrocele operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"