Doctor asked to pay man Rs 1 lakh for removing testis
Patna: Bihar`s State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has ordered a doctor to pay compensation of Rs one lakh within a month to a man for removing his testis without his consent.
"The doctor has deprived the man`s right to procreate and have children which amounts to violation of his human rights and caused mental trauma to the applicant," SHRC Chairman Justice (Rtd) SN Jha said in a recent order and asked the doctor to pay to the applicant within one month.
The applicant, a villager of Bihta area in Patna district, had said in his application to the SHRC that he had been admitted to Dr Lalit Mohan Sharma`s clinic-cum-private hospital at Bihta for treatment of acute pain in scrotum on December 27, 2010.
He alleged that the doctor forced him to undergo surgery for hydrocele on the same day during which his testis was moved without his consent and he was discharged from the hospital on the same day.
The applicant said he later visited a hospital in Patna and went through long remedial treatment incurring huge expenses.
After finding him guilty in its investigation, the SHRC questioned Sharma`s credentials as a doctor due to the manner in which he carried out hydrocele operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what