Doctor asked to pay man Rs 1 lakh for removing testis
Patna: Bihar`s State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has ordered a doctor to pay compensation of Rs one lakh within a month to a man for removing his testis without his consent.
"The doctor has deprived the man`s right to procreate and have children which amounts to violation of his human rights and caused mental trauma to the applicant," SHRC Chairman Justice (Rtd) SN Jha said in a recent order and asked the doctor to pay to the applicant within one month.
The applicant, a villager of Bihta area in Patna district, had said in his application to the SHRC that he had been admitted to Dr Lalit Mohan Sharma`s clinic-cum-private hospital at Bihta for treatment of acute pain in scrotum on December 27, 2010.
He alleged that the doctor forced him to undergo surgery for hydrocele on the same day during which his testis was moved without his consent and he was discharged from the hospital on the same day.
The applicant said he later visited a hospital in Patna and went through long remedial treatment incurring huge expenses.
After finding him guilty in its investigation, the SHRC questioned Sharma`s credentials as a doctor due to the manner in which he carried out hydrocele operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi