Doctor asked to pay man Rs 1 lakh for removing testis
Patna: Bihar`s State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has ordered a doctor to pay compensation of Rs one lakh within a month to a man for removing his testis without his consent.
"The doctor has deprived the man`s right to procreate and have children which amounts to violation of his human rights and caused mental trauma to the applicant," SHRC Chairman Justice (Rtd) SN Jha said in a recent order and asked the doctor to pay to the applicant within one month.
The applicant, a villager of Bihta area in Patna district, had said in his application to the SHRC that he had been admitted to Dr Lalit Mohan Sharma`s clinic-cum-private hospital at Bihta for treatment of acute pain in scrotum on December 27, 2010.
He alleged that the doctor forced him to undergo surgery for hydrocele on the same day during which his testis was moved without his consent and he was discharged from the hospital on the same day.
The applicant said he later visited a hospital in Patna and went through long remedial treatment incurring huge expenses.
After finding him guilty in its investigation, the SHRC questioned Sharma`s credentials as a doctor due to the manner in which he carried out hydrocele operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in