Don`t join communal forces, Lalu tells Paswan
New Delhi: Amid indications that its ally LJP was moving towards BJP, RJD president Lalu Prasad on Monday reached out to Ram Vilas Paswan, saying he should not join "communal forces".
Prasad made the appeal to Paswan after his efforts to reach him went in vain.
He said LJP`s anguish over numbers of seats being offered to it by RJD and Congress was not a "big deal" as talks among them were still on.
"He is a nice man, decent man. I don`t know who is misleading him. I want to appeal to him through you that he should not join communal forces (BJP) which will destroy this country," Prasad told reporters.
The former Bihar chief minister, whose party is fighting for survival after suffering electoral reverses in previous elections, said he was hopeful of an alliance with him. "LJP and RJD should work together to save the nation," he said.
He played down LJP`s concerns that its talks with RJD and Congress were heading nowhere.
Prasad said he had made every effort to contact Paswan after reading reports on the possible LJP-BJP alliance but failed.
"I just called up his home. His PS says he does does not know where Paswan is. What kind of PA he is who does not know the whereabouts of his boss?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday