Don`t know why Cong is dithering to join RJD-LJP: Paswan
Patna: LJP president Ramvilas Paswan on Friday said he fails to understand why Congress is "dithering" to join the RJD-LJP alliance which is intact in spite of sentencing of Lalu Prasad.
"We (RJD-LJP) have been saying that we the secular parties should come together to beat BJP and JD(U) in Bihar ... But I do not know why Congress is dithering," Paswan told reporters here.
Asked if Congress` tilt towards JD(U) of Nitish Kumar could be the reason, Paswan said "Only they (Congress) can answer this."
Paswan said he had no meeting with UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi in the one last month. "Every party is busy in the Assembly polls hence there is no chance of any further talk on the issue till it is over," he said.
He categorically ruled out any tie-up with ruling JD(U). "We are strongly with RJD in Bihar. So where is the question of tie-up with JD(U) in 2014 polls ?" he said and also dismissed becoming part of any Third Front.
Asked to comment on reported statement by Rabri Devi, who is guiding RJD in the absence of Lalu Prasad, that her party would review its alliance with LJP or its senior leader Raghubansh Prasad Singh and that it would contest all 40 seats in Bihar, Paswan said "I do not know who is why and what. But one thing is for sure that RJD and LJP alliance is intact."
Attacking Nitish Kumar and BJP, Paswan said in the daily spat between the two former NDA allies the development issue, which used to be the Bihar chief minister`s pet subject has taken a back seat.
"Both Nitish Kumar and BJP are diverting people’s attention from development to communal agenda through the daily spat."
Paswan said LJP was organising rallies and grassroot level meetings in different parts of Bihar to maximise its support.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH